Summary of Functions:
This position is responsible for ensuring that computer hardware, manifesting line hardware and related applications are operating as efficiently as possible. Monitors site equipment and takes preventative/corrective action when necessary. Conducts investigation and testing of new technologies in conjunction with the Technology Service Group (TSG) staff as needed.
- Design, implement and execute appropriate procedures to ensure smooth operation of site systems and related hardware (PLC Servers, printers, scanners, etc.). This includes routine equipment inspection, preventative maintenance and problems resolution.
- Responsible for timely investigation and resolution of equipment-related software and hardware purchases or maintenance.
- Investigates, configures and tests new technologies for use and deployment in the production environment in conjunction with TSG personnel.
- Provides summary support for on-site automation systems and second-tier support to the support center. Completes work necessary to resolve assigned help desk tickets within service windows; updates information in the help desk system to completely describe ticket resolution. Refers problems beyond level two capabilities to level three service providers.
- Works on special projects as appropriate
- Provide 24x7 on-call support as required
Experience and/or Educational Requirements:
- Two to four (2-4) years of system administration experience required, preferably with NT and Unix.
- Experienced with the operation, troubleshooting and maintenance of PLC-based systems is required.
- Experience with the installation, operation, troubleshooting and maintenance of material handling automation equipment (e.g. conveyors, automated diverts, in-line label printers, photo-eyes, in-line scales etc.)
- Strong problem solving skills is required.
- Experience with distribution center operations is a plus.
- Network management experience is a plus
- BS/BA degree preferred, but strong experience may suffice.